What information do we collect?
When you interact with Welbeck Manor for example when browsing our website or booking a hotel room, we collect information about you and that particular interaction. Generally, this may include your personal data which means personal details from which you can be identified or are identifiable, for example:
- Contact information, and preferences;
- Information about your use of our hotels, and other services when you stay with us;
- Images of you in areas of our hotels covered by CCTV;
- Conversations you have when you call our reservations or sales teams;
- Information about anyone you’re travelling with or meeting, if that information is provided to us; and
- Information about the devices you use to interact with us.
- More sensitive information, for example when you tell us about dietary requirements, disabilities, and religious beliefs;
Where you provide us with sensitive details, for example in relation to requirements you may have regarding accessibility to our hotels, we will only hold this information with your express permission. This information is stored securely with restricted access and handled the greatest respect for your privacy.
Where you provide information to us about other people, you need to make sure you have their permission to do so or that you can speak on their behalf, for example, in the case of children.
When and how we collect your information
We collect information you provide to us directly and indirectly when interacting with our products and services, including when you stay with us. This may include when you:
- Book a room online, over email or on the phone;
- Create, use or manage an online account;
- Sign up to our loyalty programmes;
- Visit our website or use our apps;
- Fill out our online forms or registration cards;
- Visit our hotels or use our hotel services, like room service or gym and spa facilities;
- Access hotel internet;
- Use our restaurants;
- Use social media login functionality;
- Interact with us in online forums, by email, text, telephone, or on social media;
- Post reviews of your stay or interaction with us;
- Complete our market research/customer surveys; and
- Enter competitions or promotions.
Legal basis for using your information
All organisations need a legal reason to use your personal information, if they don’t have one, they can’t use it. There are a number of legal grounds that enable data processing. It’s quite complicated but below are the most relevant grounds you should be aware of.
With your consent
There are some activities where we process personal information with your consent, for example, where we want to send you marketing messages by email, we would ask your permission first and you could opt-out at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe link on the email or updating your account preferences. We will indicate in the Policy where we rely on consent.
To fulfil a contract
We also process your personal information in order to fulfil a contract we have with you. For example, when you book a stay with us, we will process your information to administer that stay.
For a legitimate interest
Sometimes we may use your information to help achieve our business objectives but only where that activity doesn’t negatively affect your rights. For example, we might use your information to analyse occupancy rates of our hotels and adjust room rates or to send you details of special offers or other information about our hotels. You can object to us relying on our legitimate interest to use your personal data in these ways at any time through your account preferences or by getting in touch with us using the contact details below.
To comply with legal obligations
There may be situations where we need to use your information to comply with legal obligations. For example, we are required by law to keep records of who is in our hotels in case there is an emergency, so we can make sure you’re safe.